January 26, 2010

Lasagna

I get paid bi-weekly, so last Sunday night I was investigating my refrigerator and cabinets in an effort to figure out what I could eat for the next few days until I got paid (I am terrible with money). I ended up making meat sauce in my crock pot out of a few crumbled burger patties and jars of store-bought sauce. I filled 2 of the empty jars with meat sauce and stuck them in the freezer with plans to make lasagna over the weekend. Because of the way life works, lasagna night ended up being postponed until tonight.



I bought a box of Barilla no-boil lasagna noodles and mostly followed the directions on the back. In addition to the 2 jars of "home made" meat sauce, I used a 15 ox can of store brand tomato sauce for the top and bottom of the lasagna and added some crumbled bacon and chopped vegetables to the layers.

This is, without a doubt, the most delicious lasagna I've ever had in my entire life. The vegetables I used were 1 green bell pepper, 1 red bell pepper, 2 tomatoes (bought on the vine), and 2 cloves of elephant garlic. The peppers stayed relatively crisp instead of getting mushy, and the crumbled bacon really enhanced the flavor of the ground beef in the sauce.

I made an entire tray of this which, according to the Barilla box, will serve 12 people. We'll see about that.

3 comments:

Erim Corado said...

Bacon? Damn I won't be one of the twelve people it could serve:(

Anonymous said...

Genial fill someone in on and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

Brim over I agree but I contemplate the collection should secure more info then it has.