November 27, 2009

Pumpkin Dip with Cinnamon Chips

To anyone actually taking the time to read this, I hope you had a great Thanksgiving! Unfortunately, I work in a department that requires 24/7 staffing, so I worked yesterday with a few other people, but I wanted to make things a little bit special, so on Wednesday night I had my friend Kate over and we made a recipe I'd found on YouTube.



The end result was a creamy, sweet pumpkin dip with cinnamon tortilla chips. Although the majority of it was packed up and brought to work, Kate and I had a little picnic right on my kitchen floor (you can see us in the picture - I'm the sneaker at the bottom, she's the sneaker at the top). We had already been drinking store-bought sangria, which somehow complimented the dip, even though I never would have paired them together otherwise.

I brought the chips and dip to work with me, where the one coworker brave enough to give it a try loved it. Because I still had a good deal left over, I brought them to my aunt's house after work for Thanksgiving dinner, and ended up emailing the recipe and the video it came from to my aunts and my grandmother. It seemed to be a pretty big hit! Even my sister Maggie, who doesn't like pumpkin, gave it a try and said it was good.

For the video, go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuVAd7BVj78

No comments: