November 15, 2009

Introduction and Ikea

Hello and welcome to my blog! I'm assuming that you already know who I am, so I'm not going to really say much about myself here. This blog is really just going to be about things that I like, whether it's places to go or things to do. In addition, I'll probably be posting recipes (when I actually cook) and pictures of the various ways that I've slowly been decorating my apartment.

I went to Ikea today with my friends Jen and Erim. We had a blast together, like always. Of course, while we were there we had to pick up a few things - I mean, what's the point in going if you don't spend money, right? Not that it's necessary to empty your wallet every time you go, but I did have a few things I wanted/needed to get.

Here's what I got:


Kort art card in "Fruits" - $5.00 for 5 cards. When I was growing up, my parents' kitchen had fruit-patterned wallpaper and vegetable-shaped measuring cups hanging on the walls, which I always secretly thought was kind of cool. My kitchen currently feels a bit bland and undecorated, so these were cut down to size and placed in...


Ram frame - $1.99 for 3 frames (2 packages purchased). I have these on my kitchen counter now and I just have to figure out if I want to put any kind of paint/finish on the frames and where to mount them.


Sigrid dish towels - $3.99 for 2.


Sigrid pot holders - $3.99 for 2. Ikea has a few other things in this line, including an apron that I almost bought today before reminding myself that I don't actually need one.


Rotera tea light lantern - $4.99. I bought this to keep Jen and Erim from calling me "Miss Scroogey" after I admitted that I have absolutely no intentions of getting a Christmas tree...something that Jen insists will be happening, whether I want it to or not.

Of course, there were a couple of things that I really really wanted to buy, but just couldn't afford. My cat managed to break/rip a photo-print that I had from Ikea that was a few years old which I had been planning to hang in my dining room but hadn't gotten around to yet. In addition, I have these big empty spaces on my living room walls that I would really love to fill.

What I want for Christmas:


Pjätteryd set - $89.99 for 3 pictures - this would look great in my dining room, which is 2 shades of green with white chair-rail molding.


Premiär - $199.99 - this would go on the tan walls of my living room and would really compliment my furniture, which is beige with a tan, light blue, and olive green rose pattern.

Ah well...I can always hope, right?

No comments: